Thursday 4 August 2011

Dead Reckoning — Dunedin Star, 1942

Here's some info about my 2005 book on the Dunedin Star, a British merchant ship which ran aground on the Skeleton Coast of Namibia in 1942. An astonishing survival tale. Follow the link to Amazon plus the Observer review. Was nominated for the Mountbatten Maritime Prize. Posting this in an attempt to move everything to one website. Details on my previous book, Back Home, to follow. Every now and then a producer will get in touch about making a film of Dead Reckoning. Very flattering, but have learned to not pop the cork prematurely. Champagne is overrated in my opinion anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Good Day Jeff. My name is Mark Addison and I downloaded your book some time back when there was talk of a movie and am now in Qatar and have a friend going to that stretch of the Namibian coast and wanted to know where I can download the book for him to read before his departure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark. You know I've only just seen your post, so humble apologies for replying nearly two years after the fact! I hope your friend had a good time in Namibia. It's a beautiful place. The book, if you still need it, is available in all forms through Amazon. Very best, Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi my name is Sidney Palmer and I am a survivor of the Dunedin Star. I enjoyed your. I plan to visit the camp site on 30 Nov 2017 which will be 75 year exactly to the last time I slept there.
    You can contact me on ssremlap@yahoo.com.automotive
    Best wishes, Sidney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my name is Sidney Palmer and I am a survivor of the Dunedin Star. I enjoyed your. I plan to visit the camp site on 30 Nov 2017 which will be 75 year exactly to the last time I slept there.
    You can contact me on ssremlap@yahoo.com.automotive
    Best wishes, Sidney.

    ReplyDelete